Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Final Days Before Take Off

What can I say other than it has been alot of work to get to this point and it's hard to believe that it is finally here.  Up to the last minutes before we pulled out we were still giving things away, thanks Greg & Lori for taking the remains, hope that some will be useful.  We spent our final days getting the trailer ready (aka-garage). 

The bike is up front, kayaks on the side, golf cart, fishing poles, etc.

Put in a shelf up front, then zip tied baskets to it for the helmets, leathers hang from shelf brackets and I wiped out Joann's on parachute buckles for straping everything down.

And of course a spot for the cornhole boards.  We call it the garage because it is like almost everybody elses garage...there is no car in it.  Once loaded we hooked it up to my truck and went on a test drive to find out if we needed sway bars, yeah, no bars needed, it pulled great!  I am just a tad nervous about pulling it but once we get going I'm sure it will be fine.

On sunday the 31st we went boating with Christo, Alida, Analien & Andre and had a great time.


Mark, Alida, Me & Analien

Come on in the water is great

The bathing beauties

Christo & Andre
Thanks for a great time!


My BFF (Tammy) had us over for dinner on the 6th, I have spent many an hour at her house and it is hard to believe I won't be able to just stop on by but I will be back in Feb 2012.  I have to take a moment to thank Tammy for buying alot of my stuff and also earning my stuff.  She mowed my grass and check on the house while we were away, ran to my house when I had a showing to straightened things up while I was at work and tons of over things.  Love you girl.  So all I have to do is go to Tammys to visit my stuff.  Just a few things that she has...

Deck furniture and plants

Swing and mosiac table

Quilt

Framed Scarf

Screen 

Wind chimes

Composter


Jeffrey, Lacey, Tammy, Me, Steve & Cheryl Mason

Best Friends...


                                       One last beer with our good friend Farris at Fat Tony's...

We visited family in the remaining days to say "See you soon", I don't like to say good bye because we will be back someday.  
 Love you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment