Friday, April 1, 2011

Soon the Adventure Will Begin

We left on Saturday headed to Knoxville TN to pick up our new Caravan on Monday morning.  In January we attended to RV show in Tampa FL to check out every fifth wheel there was and decide on which one would be our new home on wheels for our full timing adventure in September.  After 5 days we decided on a Moble Suite 38RSSB3 by Doubletree RV, placed the order and now the time has come to get our new home!

Let me back track just abit...Mark and I have been camping for 4 years now.  We started out with a 23'' Outback side loading toyhauler trailer by Keystone which allowed us to haul the Harley.  Sturgis was our destination in 2007 and we have been camping ever since.  I think the bike was the catalyst to camping.  Anyway, we traded in the first Outback for a larger one with a slide in Dec 2009 and decided in Sept 2010 that we wanted to go fulltime.  We built a beautiful home on 4 acres in the country in 2000 and I thought I would never leave it but the thought of being retired at 51 and being free to travel changed my mind.  Mark wanted to go fulltime but didn't think I would consider it until one day I read a fulltime blog and sent it to him.  The seed was planted!  We told our family and friends, I got the house ready to put on the market, traded the truck for 3500 dually,  had 3 yard sales and started selling things on craigslist, and then headed to Tampa to the RV show to find our new home.  Less is more.  Now that we have the Caravan all that is left is a sold sign in the front yard and Mark retiring in September from the Wilmington Fire Department with 30 years of service and I will retire from real estate.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Trails, my friends! Stuart and I are eager to follow your travels. k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much my good friend for helping me set up my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the pick up go???? CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!

    ReplyDelete