Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our First Dinner Guests

Spent the day visiting with my Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Cliff who live in Bracey, VA.  Helped her with a few gardening projects.  She put a landscape timber border around some azealas on the back of the house but what I thought was interesting is what she use for weed block.  My Aunt Ruthie is one smart lady who I love and admire very much.  She has used recycled carpeting, check it out...


What a great idea.











Anyone that knows me knows that I am a passionate gardener and I just think this is a great idea!  I would have covered the whole bed with carpet if I had enough.











This finished project.














We had enough wood left so I made her one to go around another bush that she had, just need more mulch.










The front flower bed was in full bloom.  It was so nice to see bright colors again after a cold dull winter.  I wonder what my gardens look like?  I know that I have some work waiting for me when I get home.








This is her bottle tree.  It needs no watering or pruning and is fun to make!  First you have to buy wine in blue bottles and then of course they have to be drank before one puts the tree together.  That part was my job, hey somebody had to do it.  I gave her the bottles the last time she was down to visit me.








After the gardening was done we got cleaned up and headed to our camp site for dinner.  A good time was had by all.  Hamburgers on the grill with all the fixings and great conversation around the camp fire. 

Plan to spend the day tomorrow with Ruthie doing some thrift stores and errands.  Friday will be a day to just chill as it is suppose to rain all day.  Then Saturday we have to head home back to the rat race and reality, ugh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment