Thursday, December 22, 2011

Keeping Busy While Mark is Away

We had tickets through the park to go on a bus ride and view the Christmas lights on a double decker bus.  I was able to sell Marks ticket and hooked up to go with my neighbors Ed & Jan English so I wouldn't be by myself.  They have adopted me while Mark has been gone, thank you.  The park had 2 buses that carried us to 3 different locations to view the lights complete with music and spiked hot chocolate.  Try putting some Irish Cream in your hot chocolate, very tasty! 


Me, Jan & Ed English

The first neighborhood was pretty good but OMG the second was awesome.  They parked the bus and we got out to walk through the blocked off street.  Every house was decorated to the max. 


The home owners had fires going in the driveways and welcomed you over to warm your hands.  The wash tub fire barrels were very popular.

At the end of the street the owners backyard was fabulous with a walk through Bethlehem, very impressive.



Next was the Mormon Temple.





Arizona is a great place to hike with trails all over the place.  The Lost Dutchman State Park has guided hikes that lead you into the Tonto National Forest.  The Superstition Mountains are in the Tonto National Forest and they are beautiful.  Let's take a hike...

The trails are well maintained and I asked about the snakes being out and about.  Well they along with the tarantulas are a sleep this time of the year, Thank God. 




This wren followed us singing all the way.

                                                                   Chain fruit Cholla
                                                                                The dark mass is desert mistletoe, below is a close up.

I thought these fences were pretty cool.  Humans can walk through them but large animals can't.

Superstition Mountains

I had a great time hiking.  I met 2 nice folks, Rick and Judy and we have made plans to hike next week.  We will go to the basin of the Superstitions.


Mark and I made plans to spend Christmas with Terri and Danny in Kingman but I will now be going by myself.  It will be the first time in 24 years that we won't be together for the holidays.  I never dreamed we would be on opposite coasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment