Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sad News Arrived Today

Mark's words:

My dad, Dr. Ernest Ray Williamson passed away this morning. He had a heart attack while returning from Florida at Hilton Head, SC. The doctors performed surgery and he hung on till 6:30 AM this ...morning.
My dad was tough but I loved him. He would sit up, rocking me all night when I was sick with asthma as a child. After chiropractic care helped my mom and I he moved us all to Davenport , Iowa and he, along with my mom and brothers help, made it through Chiropractic College.
My dad was a champion of Chiropractic care preaching it like the gospel. This was the 70's and people didn't know about Chiropractic care. I have seen him help many people and kids live a better life. He would take barter items so that the poor could get care. Nothing like actually having to clean a chicken for dinner and I was the one doing the cleaning. He would adjust people at any gathering to help spread the word. All the firemen loved when he would come to visit, doc I got a crick in my neck and he would sit them down and adjust them right at the station.
For a short time Ray was going to IRS Auctions and would get up before the auction and speak against the IRS having the right to confiscate peoples property and sell it off. He had to stop this because the IRS doesn't like to be missed with and sent two US Marshall's to our house and arrested him on some trumped up tax charges.
So from a young man from a farm in a small town in North Carolina, he taught me that if something is good tell people about it, if it is wrong speak up even if it means going to jail.
Good bye DAD
Dr. E. Ray Williamson, Chiropractor, Navy Veteran of WWII February 1928- December 2011



Plane tickets have been purchased and Mark flies home on Monday.  I won't be going as I will hold down the fort here and keep up our obligations.  Plus I am going home the end of March.  Mark will return on the 5th of January.  Our awesome friends back home are out of town and they have offered their home and car to Mark to use during this difficult time. 

Rest in peace Ray...

1 comment:

  1. Doc Williamson was way ahead of his time! The world is a better place because of him.
    karen

    ReplyDelete