Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mark's Last Day at Work

Well needless to say this is the day Mark has been waiting for. His official retirement date is Sept 1st but he swapped days with other firemen working their shift and they working his so he didn't have to work the whole month of August. Thank to all the guys that made this possible. It was a very emotional day for Mark. Working the same job for 30 years putting yourself in harms way to help a fellow citizen, seeing alot of things that he cares not to remember and remembering the good times working with his fellow fireman, jokes played on each other and the "Thank yous" from someone he helped.A going away party was held at his station. On duty and off duty fireman came by all day long to wish him well. Mark was overwhelmed with the support from his fellow fire fighters and will remember them always. Thanks for making his last day so special and one that he will never forget.




                             Scott Chadwick, Mark, Robert Bentfield and Gene Holland...The Crew
                                                                 Mark's final words...





There wasn't a dry eye in the station..


.As a side note, when we were going through our stuff we came across my dad's flag that was at his funeral, I have had it for 23yrs. Mark said he wanted to fly it at his station as the flag there needed to be replaced, I thought it was an excellent idea. I had forgotten this bit of information until he reminded me of it later that night, so I rode by the station the next day to get a picture of it. When I pulled in there wasn't a breeze any where, I got my camera ready and up came a beautiful wind, I snap the shot and then the wind disappeared. I felt like Dad was saying "All is good here, go see this wonderful country and enjoy".




No comments:

Post a Comment