Friday, May 20, 2011

Everything is For Sale

Since we went under contract I have been as busy as a fly at a pig picking going through Mark's barn and his tools getting ready for yard sales and posting more things on craigslist.  Sure wish he was a stamp collector and not a contractor...anyway he has been working a ton of overtime (he worked 8 days in a row) so I have taken on the job.  I find the tools, look them up on the internet for pricing, take pictures, post them on craigslist and then neatly display them in my garage for the up coming yard/tool sale. 

This is command central

This process continued for 2 weeks but I have gone through everything in his shop including the attic and have had 2 yard sales.  I found things in the attic that we put there when we moved 10 years ago...crazy the things that we keep!  Craigslist is wonderful, a buyer would see something and come to the garage to get it and usually would leave with other things after looking at what all I had.  I use to own a thrift store years ago so I have experience working customers and I thankfully have sold alot of things.  I never want to own this much stuff again.






I had 3 yard sales last fall where I hauled stuff to different locations but I have too much stuff now so having it in my garage works better as I can still be doing things in between customers.  On the left is the household section, on the right is tools and out front is everything else.

My neighbor Scott Brotherton bought my utility trailer along with other items and decided it would be easier to just pick it up with his lawn mower.   Of course when he was driving it home every neighbor was outside looking and laughing as he went by.




No comments:

Post a Comment